(1) First Friday gallery walks — 6-8 p.m. at the C2C Gallery, 104 Washington Ave.; and 5:30-8 p.m. at the Gallery Uptown, 201 Washington Ave. The GVSU Student Art Show is going on at C2C, and an exhibition of Jaclyn Kwiatkowski’s ceramic work opens there on Friday. The event includes music by singer-songwriter Susan Picking. At Gallery Uptown, the "Nocturne on the Dark Side" show opens Friday. It will featuring works by Patricia Dee, Mary Sundstrom, Brad Patterson, Deborah Bowen and John Andersen. Both events will have free refreshments. For details, visit www.c2cgallery.com and www.galleryuptown.net.
(2) Murder Mystery Train — Saturday night on the Coopersville & Marne Railway. The boarding at 311 Danforth St. in downtown Coopersville begins at 6:30 p.m. and the train departs at 7. “The Mysterious Extinction of Professor Luckett” is the show. Tickets are $30 per person. Call 616-997-7000 for details.
(3) Spring Craft Day — 2-3 p.m. Friday at Spring Lake District Library, 123 E. Exchange St. The kids bored as spring break stretches into the weekend? Bring them in and let them "craft a masterpiece."
(4) Movie Matinee — 2-3:45 p.m. Saturday at Loutit District Library, 407 Columbus Ave. in Grand Haven. "Wreck It Ralph" (108 minutes, rated PG) will be shown for free. The popcorn is also free.
(5) Michael Pearsall — performs at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St. in Spring Lake, at 8 p.m. Saturday. It's a solo acoustic concert by Pearsall, lead singer/guitarist for Honor By August. Tickets are $22 at the door. Get them in advance at www.pindropconcerts.com for $18.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.