(1) Memorial Day parades — Monday morning. The Grand Haven parade begins at 9:30 a.m. and the Spring Lake parade begins at 10:30 a.m. The Grand Haven parade travels from Washington Avenue and Sixth Street to Waterfront Stadium, where a special waterfront service takes place, followed by two additional stops of remembrance. City trolleys are available to take people to the memorial events at the Veterans Memorial, Y Drive at Harbor Drive; and the G.A.R. Lot, Lake Forest Cemetery. The Spring Lake parade route starts at the corner of Buchanan and Exchange streets, goes east and then south on Lake Avenue, along River Street to Fruitport Road, and finally to the Spring Lake Cemetery for a memorial tribute to all veterans. For details, CLICK HERE.
(2) Fruitport Old-Fashioned Days — continues through Monday in Fruitport's Pomona Park, on the northern-most shore of Spring Lake. There's a great carnival midway, fireworks, petting zoo, ice cream social, parade and Lions Club ox roast. For the full schedule, visit fruitportlions.com.
(3) Musical Fountain Rededication — 9:30 p.m. Sunday at Waterfront Stadium, downtown Grand Haven. The fountain's 50th season is already underway, and the nightly summer schedule begins Friday, with performances at 10 p.m. through June 9. Sunday's rededication ceremony will be followed by a new show with narration by the original "voice of the Musical Fountain," Ron Hartsema. For more on the fountain, CLICK HERE.
(4) Rib Fest: “Battle of the Bones” — Friday and Saturday at the Grand Haven VFW Post 2326, 20 N. First St. It features live music and an entertainment tent, and barbecue rib-making competition. The bands include Sweet Justice, Dave Rucks and Mr. Whoohah. For details, CLICK HERE.
(5) Swinging Into Summer — 7-9 p.m. Friday at Grand Haven High School, 17001 Ferris St., Grand Haven Township, in the auxiliary gym. The cost is one nonperishable food item for donation to The Salvation Army's food pantry. The dance is hosted by the Buccaneer Original Swing Society.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.