(1) Wheels of Grand Haven Car Show — 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday in downtown Grand Haven. This show sponsored by the Grand Haven Area Jaycees fills Washington Avenue and some side streets with hundreds of great cars. Awards for the 30 classes will be presented at 3 p.m.
(2) St. Mary’s Festival — Noon to 9:30 p.m. Saturday at St. Mary's Catholic School, 421 E. Exchange St. in Spring Lake. Dutch Henry provides Americana music from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Dinner of salmon, pork or turkey will be served from noon to 6 p.m. A $10,000 raffle benefits the school.
(3) Gettysburg Civil War Tour — 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at Lake Forest Cemetery, off Lake Avenue in Grand Haven. Meet outside the cemetery office inside the main gate. A rededication of the cemetery's recently refurbished and cleaned Weatherwax Civil War monument will precede the tour at 9:45 a.m. The event is free, but parking is limited.
(4) Tri-Cities Garden Club's 56th annual Flower Show — 3-8:30 p.m. Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Spring Lake District Library, 123 E. Exchange St. Admission is free. The theme is "Films and Flowers."
(5) Oh You Dirty Dog Wash — 1-4 p.m. Saturday at Harborfront Hospital for Animals, 807 W. Savidge St. in Spring Lake. The cost to get your dog washed is by a $10 donation, and dogs must be on leashes and accustomed to baths. Proceeds will benefit The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Honorable mentions — Shakespeare troupe performs at Seven Steps Up (Friday night), Grand Haven Beach Vault at City Beach (Friday and Saturday), Waterman Challenge also at City Beach (Saturday), Callaghan performs at Seven Steps Up (Saturday night), and Curt Dykema & Friends lead Worship on the Waterfront (Sunday evening).
Whew! But did I still miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.