The Michigan Pirate Festival kicks into high gear this weekend, Aug. 9-11.
(1) Michigan Pirate Festival — Saturday and Sunday at Harbor Island ($5 admission for adults, free for kids). The pirates sail into downtown Grand Haven on Friday evening and pirate stuff has been happening all week at Loutit District Library. For details, visit loutitlibrary.org or michiganpiratefestival.com.
(2) Coopersville Summerfest — Through Saturday in Coopersville. "Hats off to Del Shannon" with James Popenhogen is Friday night at Coopersville High School, 198 East St. (Tickets: $10 for adults, $8 for students) and the big car show is Saturday.
For the complete schedule, visit coopersville.com.
(3) Hip-hop funk duo Gimm+Icky — 7 p.m. Friday at the Spring Lake Yacht Club, 17500 W. Spring Lake Road, Ferrysburg. It's free and tickets are not needed; donations will be accepted.
(4) Car Wash — 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Spring Lake Wesleyan Church, 15550 Cleveland St., Spring Lake Township. This is a fundraiser for to buy soccer equipment for girls in Senegal, Africa.
(5) Worship at Waterfront Stadium — Two chances for it this Sunday. The Grand Haven Church of the Nazarene will host a Morning Worship there at 10:15 a.m. The First Reformed Church of Grand Haven hosts its weekly Worship On The Waterfront from 7:30-8:45 p.m. This Sunday night is a Gaither-style Homecoming sing-a-long with the Down Home Horns and Choir. For the complete schedule, visit worshiponthewaterfront.org.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.