(1) Kelly Miller Circus — 4:30 and 7:30 pm. Friday on Grand Haven's Harbor Island. This is the eighth year the Tri-Cities Kiwanis Club has brought the circus to town. Proceeds fund the club's children's programs, and many disadvantaged families get to enjoy the circus for free. You'll see tigers, elephants, camels, trapeze artists, clowns, games and more. Tickets are $10 for adults and $6 for children, and can be bought at area businesses. Visit tricitieskiwanis.org for ticket pricing and availability.
(2) Pancake Breakfast and Fly-in Dawn Patrol — 7 a.m. to noon Saturday at Grand Haven Memorial Airport, 16446 Comstock St. The cost for the breakfast (7-11 a.m.) is $6. Check out the static displays, airplane rides, experimental and home-built aircraft, powered parachutes, vintage aircraft, and radio-control flight demonstrations.
(3) Smith's Bayou Chili Cookoff — 1-3 p.m. Saturday at 16868 Cecelia Lane, near 168th Avenue and Smith's Bridge in Ferrysburg. Proceeds go to support the families of U.S. Coast Guard work-life programs. Tickets are 50 cents each or three for $1 to sample the chilies.
(4) Country Fest and Cruz-In Car Show — 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at Grace Lutheran Church, 2651 Shettler Road in Fruitport. It begins with an outdoor worship service at 10 a.m. Free hamburgers and hot dogs with all the fixings will be served beginning at noon. The car show is from noon to 3 p.m., with drawings for free prizes. Activities also include a dunk tank, kids crafts, face painting, cake walk and other games.
(5) Worship On The Waterfront — 7:30-8:45 p.m. Sunday at Waterfront Stadium, downtown Grand Haven. This is the summer season finale, and Peter Eide returns to lead the free worship.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.