(1) Labor Day Third Street Bridge Walk — 9 a.m. Monday, crossing Grand Haven's bridge to Harbor Island. This annual city-sponsored walk starts at the island side of the bridge (plenty of parking on the island). The walk route is along the boardwalk to the lighthouse and back to Chinook Pier. A trolley will be available at Harbor Island to take you to Mulligan’s Hollow.
(2) SS Kaizoku Con — Saturday and Sunday at the Holiday Inn, 940 W. Savidge St., Spring Lake. Organizers claim this is the Tri-Cities' first anime and gaming convention. It will include vendors, artist booths, panel discussions, cosplay contests and a Rave dance party on Saturday night. The cost is $15 for both days, or $8 per day. For details, visit sskaizokucon.com.
(3) High school football — The season kicks off Thursday and Friday nights. Grand Haven hosts Muskegon on Friday. Spring Lake (at Coopersville) and Fruitport (at Reeths-Puffer) kick off their seasons on the road Thursday night.
(4) Don Campbell — 8 p.m. Friday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. Tickets are $25 for an evening of Dan Fogelberg music. All seats reserved. Cash bar.
(5) Sunday Art Market — 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, also at Chinook Pier. Summer ends for this juried market showcasing established and emerging artist from West Michigan. It features fine pottery, metal works, photography, jewelry, textile arts.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.