The 10th annual Salmon Festival is guaranteed to hook you onto some fun, no matter your age.
(1) Salmon Festival Fresh Catch Fish Boil — 4:30-7:30 p.m. Friday at the Grand Haven Municipal Marina parking lot. The cost is $10 for adults and $5 for ages 12 and younger. Live music from Just Joe can be heard there from 5:30-9 p.m., with a silent auction.
(2) Salmon Festival Saturday — All on Grand Haven's waterfront. The Big King Fishing Contest starts bright and early at 6:30 a.m. Weigh-in is in the early afternoon and the awards ceremony is at 2 p.m. The fee to enter the contest is $100. The Salmon Festival KidZone is near the Grand River Sailing Club from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with free activities and the Nature Art Fair is nearby from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Salmon Festival Wine Tasting and Salmon Cookoff happens from 1-5 p.m. at the marina parking lot ($20 per person). There's also a silent auction, live music, cooking demos and (my favorite) the always-fun grape stomp. And don't forget to check out the commercial fishing exhibit at the museum's Depot location on Saturday and Sunday.
(3) Fall Harvest Entertainment Tent — 8 p.m. to midnight Saturday on Grand Haven's waterfront. Cover charge is $3. Live music by Soul’d Out. Must be age 21 or older with ID.
(4) Grand Haven Salmon Fishing — 2 p.m. Saturday at Loutit District Library, 407 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven. This is a discussion on the locations, times and techniques that will keep you catching salmon all year.
(5) Fall Hike — 2-4 p.m. Sunday at Kitchel-Lindquist Dune Preserve, 20001 Berwyck St., off North Shore Drive on the city's north shore. It's in the Grand Haven city limits, but owned by the City of Ferrysburg. Go and find out why!
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.