(1) Eastown Fallfest — Saturday at East Grand River Park, Grand Haven. It starts with the Eastown Fallfest 5K Run & Walk at 9 a.m. Other fun includes Parade A Palooza and Big Wheel Race at noon, Taste of Eastown (noon to 4 p.m.), Pet Expo (12:30-4 p.m.), and live music. For details, visit eastowngrandhaven.org.
(2) Board of Light & Power Community Open House — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. The BLP is celebrating the 30th anniversary of J.B. Sims Unit 3 with public tours. Catch a free shuttle on Harbor Transit to and from the plant. Pick up and return locations are at the corner of Third Street and Washington Avenue and on Harbor Island.
(3) Let's End Hunger Fundraiser — 8 p.m. to midnight Friday at the Eagles club, 20 N. Second St. in downtown Grand Haven. Admission is by donation to benefit World Hunger Relief. Organizers say your $10 will feed an entire classroom for a day. The event includes dancing, raffles, auctions, pizza and cash bar. Everyone working this event, including the Soul'd Out band and the local Pizza Hut staff, are donating their time and resources.
(4) DeWitt School Open House — 1 p.m. Saturday at DeWitt School, 17716 Taft St., Spring Lake Township. Catch an informal tour of this historic one-room schoolhouse.
(5) Harlem Ambassadors vs. Muskegon Southside Lions Pride — 6 p.m. Sunday at Mona Shores High School, 1121 Seminole Road, Norton Shores. Admission is $10 for adults, $8 for senior citizens and students, and free for kids ages 4 and younger. Now, they're not the Harlem Globetrotters, but it should be a lot of fun. Go to brownpapertickets.com to purchase tickets in advance. Visit the hoops team's website, harlemambassadors.com to see what they're about.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.