(1) Pigeon Creek Schoolhouse Fall Festival — 1-4 p.m. Sunday at the corner of 168th Avenue and Pierce Street, West Olive. This is a fundraiser for the nonprofit organization restoring the old schoolhouse. Wagon rides are $2 for children and $4 for adults. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Other fun: artisans demonstrating age-old crafts, old-fashioned games, face painting, silent auction, baked goods sale, music by Jim Dufford and the magic of Nate Locascio. Bring your children but leave your pets at home.
(2) Lakeshore Brew Fest — 1-6 p.m. Saturday at Camp Blodgett, 10451 Lakeshore Ave., West Olive. Sample offerings from many of Michigan’s craft brewers. Tickets are $35 in advance and $45 at the gate, if available. Also, $10 designated driver tickets are available (these ticket holders will enjoy all aspects of the Lakeshore Brew Fest, minus the beer). Only 500 tickets will be sold. Your ticket will include free parking, entry to the fest, a Lakeshore Brew mug and 12 tokens redeemable toward 3-ounce samples. They plan to be serving rain or shine!
(3) Duncan Memorial Park Centennial Celebration — 2-4 p.m. Saturday at the woodsy park, off Sheldon Road in Grand Haven. Live music and cookies.
(4) Saxman John Gist — 3-4 p.m. Sunday at Spring Lake District Library, 123 E. Exchange St. Free admission, a warm fireplace and cool jazz.
(5) Dunes Preserve Clean-up — 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Meet at the Kitchel-Lindquist Dune Preserve's main parking lot off Berwyck Street, east of North Shore Drive on Grand Haven's north shore. Wear gloves and appropriate clothing.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.