(1) Monster Bash — 6-8 p.m. Friday at Ferrysburg City Hall, 17290 Roosevelt Road. Kids younger than 10 must be accompanied by an adult. You'll enjoy cider and doughnuts, dancing, and prizes for the best costume in age groups. Admission is free.
(2) Haunted Museum/Zombie Walk — Saturday at the Tri-Cities Historical Museum, 200 Washington Ave., Grand Haven. Spooks, thrills and chills among the exhibits at the museum from 1-3 p.m. The Grand Haven Zombie Walk will begin at the back entrance of the museum at 4 p.m. Bring a nonperishable item to donate. Refreshments served after the walk at the museum's upstairs hall. Do zombies drink punch?
(3) Massage and Wellness Expo — 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Loutit District Library, 407 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven. Local massage therapists will be giving free chair and table massages, door prizes and drawings for massage services, yoga classes, and the opportunity to talk to local health professionals. “We’re hosting the event to promote National Massage Therapy Awareness Week and to show the community the health benefits of massage,” said Wendy Schweifler, CEO of Bod-E-Nomics and a licensed massage therapist. “Also, if you’re looking for a therapist, you can come and try out different styles!” A yoga class will be taught at noon. Tips and donations will go to the Greater Ottawa County United Way.
(4) Halloween Pet Parade — 1 p.m. Saturday at Harborfront Hospital for Animals, 807 W. Savidge St., Spring Lake. Parade and pet talent show.
(5) Oktoberfest — 5-7 p.m. Saturday at Lakeshore Fellowship, 16790 Van Wagoner Road, Spring Lake Township. Horse and pony rides, inflatables, face painting, live band. Kids are encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes (no scary ones).
There's a few more cool things going on this weekend: It's the last weekend to ride the Coopersville & Marne Pumpkin Train, Girls Night Out benefit Friday night at Calvary Christian School in Fruitport, magic show at Spring Lake District Library at 10 a.m. Saturday, Grand Haven Wedding Walk on Saturday, and a Halloween Bash at the Holiday Inn on Saturday night.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.