Besides the Super Bowl on Sunday (know of any parties?), here's some fun stuff to do:
(1) Wine and Canvas Fundraiser — 7-10 p.m. Friday at the Holiday Inn, 940 W. Savidge St. in Spring Lake. This is a fundraiser for the local YMCA's preschool program. Admission is $35 for socializing, painting and wine if you're so inclined. Alcohol is extra.
(2) French Film Festival at Hope College — Thursday through Saturday at the Knickerbocker Theatre and Winants Auditorium in Holland. Admission is free and includes a post-screening discussion led by members of the Hope College faculty. Note that all films are in French, but will include English subtitles. CLICK HERE for what's showing, when and where.
(3) Pin Drop Concert: Erick Baker — 8 p.m. Saturday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. Tickets are $25 at door. Baker has been called "a passionate" singer-songwriter.
(4) Let It Snow — 2 p.m. Sunday at the Nature Education Center at Hemlock Crossing County Park, 8115 West Olive Road in West Olive. This is one of the county parks' Family Hours. It's free, but registration is appreciated. Call 616-786-4847.
(5) A Chocolate Affair — 2-5 p.m. Saturday at Lemon Creek Winery's Grand Haven Tasting Room, 327 N. Beacon Blvd. The wine shop will host this event every Saturday in February to celebrate "the Month of Wine and Chocolate." Local chocolatiers will be on hand to share samples of their handcrafted chocolates, truffles, bonbons and other delectables. Chocolate pairings will also be featured with Lemon Creek’s wines.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.