(1) “Scheherazade: Legend of the Arabian Nights” — 7 p.m. Friday, and 3 and 7 p.m. Saturday at International Aid’s auditorium, 17011 Hickory St., Spring Lake Township. The play is being staged by the Living Books Homeschool Theater’s middle school class. Tickets are $6 in advance (at the Family Christian Bookstore, near The Lakes Mall; or by calling Dee at 231-766-2841; or e-mail email@example.com) and $7 at the door. Part of the sales will be donated to International Aid. The audience will be treated to complementary samples of exotic Persian foods during an intermission “bazaar,” and hear about the statewide and overseas ministries of International Aid.
(2) West Michigan Symphony Children’s Choir — 2 and 3:30 p.m. Sunday at The Block, 360 W. Western Ave., Suite 409, Muskegon. The choir consists of area kids ages 8-11. Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for senior citizens (age 65 and older) and students are free (age 18 and younger or with a college ID).
(3) Crossriver 5K Run/Walk — Saturday morning at Spring Lake Community Fitness & Aquatic Center, 16140 148th Ave., Spring Lake Township. The 5K on the trail starts at 9 a.m. and the Kids Fun Run is at 10 a.m. The entry fee at the event is $30 and proceeds go to the United Way Healthy Living Fund.
(4) Kids Day — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Coopersville Farm Museum and Event Center, 375 Main St. Kids Day happens on the last Saturday of each month. Museum staff comes up with new crafts for kids of all ages to enjoy; sometimes farm families bring in their small, friendly animals; and the museum bunnies, Smokey and Cocoa, are always available for a hug. Admission is $3 per person. Museum members and children under age 3 are free. For details, visit coopersvillefarmmuseum.org.
(5) Secret Lives of Salamanders — 7:30-9 p.m. Saturday at the Hemlock Crossing county park in West Olive. The first spring rains are ideal for salamander egg-laying. Bring your rubber boots and flashlights.
Did I miss something? Log in and tell us all about it in the comment section below.