(1) Electronics/Metal Recycling — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at First Christian Reformed Church, 516 S. Ferry St., Grand Haven. Anything metal is accepted for recycling, and anything that plugs in or runs on a battery can also be recycled environmentally. The church raises funds for its programs and missions through these recycling events.
(2) Art show openings — Friday night. *The opening reception for “Woodturners and Wives” is 5:30-8 p.m. at Gallery Uptown, 201 Washington Ave., Grand Haven. Artists will speak about their work at 7 p.m. Wine and hors d’oeuvres will be served. *The Grand Haven High School Student Ceramic and Jewelry Show opens 6-8 p.m. at C2C Gallery, 104 Washington, Grand Haven. Music by Derek Dile. *And a grand re-opening reception for Graffia Gallery, 215 W. Savidge St., Spring Lake, is 6-8:30 p.m., featuring “New Artists, New Work.”
(3) “Into The Woods” — 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Spring Lake High School Auditorium, 16140 148th Ave., Spring Lake Township. The story weaves together the fairy tales of “Cinderella,” “Jack and the Beanstalk,” “Rapunzel,” and “The Baker and His Wife” to reflect on the true nature of life, love and human frailty. Tickets for the student theater performance are $9 for adults, and $7 for students and senior citizens.
(4) “A Midsummer Nightʼs Dream” — 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. The Pigeon Creek Shakespeare Company stages this classic. Tickets are $14 for adults and $7 for students.
(5) Mother’s Day Craft Show — 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at White Pines Middle School, 1400 S. Griffin St., Grand Haven. Pick up a unique gift for mom (Mother’s Day is May 11).
Did I miss something? Tell us about it in the Comments section below.