Dozens treated after chlorine leak at Michigan's Adventure

Several dozen patrons at a West Michigan amusement park were hosed down Friday afternoon after being exposed to chlorine gas near a wave pool.
AP Wire
Jul 11, 2014

 

Muskegon County Sheriff Dean Roesler said the gas was created by the release of a combination of chemicals at Michigan's Adventure.

Twenty-seven people were taken to two area hospitals. WZZM-TV reported that the victims suffered respiratory discomfort and a burning sensation in their eyes.

At least 25 people were showered off in the park's parking lot.

A hazardous materials response team, paramedics and firefighters were called to the park.

Michigan's Adventure is the state's largest amusement and water park.

 

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.