Shed burns in Robinson Twp. Wednesday night

A fire destroyed a storage shed and its contents late Wednesday night, according to Robinson Township Fire Chief Paul VanVelzen. The 10-by-14-foot shed at 13301 120th Ave. caught on fire around 11:35 p.m., VanVelzen said. A passerby noticed the flames and notified the homeowner at that address. When firefighters arrived at the scene, the shed - which contained lawn equipment and patio items - had already collapsed, VanVelzen said.
Tribune Staff
May 6, 2011

 

“Nobody’s really sure how long it burned, but that little thing isn’t going to take long to come down,” he said.

An airborne ember from a nearby bonfire likely started the blaze, VanVelzen said.

The shed was valued at $1,200 to $1,500, and the contents at $600 to $800, according to VanVelzen. The fire chief said he wasn’t sure if the shed or its contents were insured.

Grand Haven Township firefighters were dispatched to the scene, but were sent back by Robinson Township firefighters before they arrived, VanVelzen said.

 

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.