2 firefighters hurt after generator sparks blaze

Two firefighters were injured Thursday night while putting out a blaze that was started by a gasoline-powered generator in the basement of a home in Muskegon County's Fruitport Township. The fire started about 9:45 p.m. Fruitport Township Fire Chief Ken Doctor said a fuel tank on top of the generator ruptured as firefighters entered the room, causing a flash fire that burned two of them. One firefighter had second-degree burns to a leg and the other had first-degree burns to his face, Doctor said. They were treated at the scene.
AP Wire
Jun 10, 2011


Three people inside the home escaped without injury.

Doctor said the home had been without electrical service for about 30 days, possibly because bills hadn’t been paid, and the generator was used for power.


Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.