Fire burns in living room of Barber Street house

Fire officials were investigating a small fire in a living room at 201 Barber St. in Spring Lake at about 9:30 this morning, said Sgt. Curt Theune of the Spring Lake/Ferrysburg Police Department. Firefighters were called at 7:36 a.m. after an alarm alerted a lower-floor tenant to the fire. Theune said the tenant saw the flames, then got her children out of the house. Neighbors put out the small fire with a garden hose, Theune said.
Becky Vargo
Aug 22, 2011

 

The fire burned a couple of baskets full of dog toys that were stacked in front of the fireplace in the living room, Theune said. The fireplace was hooked in with the thermostat, and the fireplace came on because the windows had been left open overnight, he said.

 

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.