Laundry room fire doused at adult care facility

A small fire in the laundry room was extinguished when Crockery Township firefighters responded to Horizons of Michigan, 17160 130th Ave., on Tuesday morning.
Becky Vargo
Oct 19, 2011

 

Firefighters were called to the adult care home at 9:41 a.m. and discovered a small fire, which they quickly extinguished, said Fire Chief Gary Dreyer.

The fire appeared to have started where an electrical cord was pinched between a heavy bucket of laundry soap and another object, Dreyer said. The fire was contained to the soap bucket and some nearby materials, he said.

Damage was minimal and firefighters were on the scene for less than an hour.

 

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.