Fire guts Lansing nonprofit agency’s office, store

Lansing officials are working with St. Vincent de Paul after a weekend fire gutted the charitable organization's local thrift store and office.
AP Wire
Dec 19, 2011

 

The Lansing State Journal reported today that the Sunday morning blaze destroyed the building’s contents, including furniture and  household goods for those in need.

Authorities believe the fire in the city’s REO Town district was accidental and started in a room used to store and refinish furniture.

Lansing’s director of human relations and community services said the fire comes at a difficult time with the upcoming holidays. Joan Jackson Johnson said St. Vincent de Paul provides emergency assistance faster than any nonprofit organization in the area.

Officials are looking for space in city-owned buildings for a temporary office, store and warehouse.

 

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.