According to Capt. Rick Yonker, the department received a call on a water flow alarm in the building’s fire suppression system at about 1 a.m. Yonker said upon entering the building, officers determined that the fire was put out by the suppression system.
“It was contained to a maintenance closet,” he said.
According to Yonker, it appears the cause of the fire was due to brooms and other cleaning supplies igniting next to the hot water heater. Estimated damage from the incident is about $5,000, Yonker said.
“It could very well have been (worse),” Yonker said.