Campus security was called to the Frey Living Center — a dorm for freshmen on the Allendale campus — around 7:15 p.m. Monday. Other students said the four were showing symptoms of ingesting a street drug.
“We’ve spent a lot of time trying to connect with family, doing follow-up work with friends and residents in our housing system, who were impacted by that,” said Bart Merkle, GVSU’s dean of students.
All four of the students were taken to Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital in Grand Rapids. Their conditions were not known.