Fire damages Robinson Twp. home Tuesday

Damage was estimated at more than $50,000 in a Valentine's Day house fire on Stump Street off 104th Avenue, Robinson Township Fire Chief Paul VanVelzen said.
Becky Vargo
Feb 16, 2012

 

Firefighters were called to 10748 Stump St. at 10:39 p.m. and “found the attic well-involved” in fire, VanVelzen said.

Firefighters assisted by Grand Haven Township and Allendale firefighters had the blaze under control in 30 minutes.

“The guys did an excellent stop on this,” VanVelzen said, and “contained it basically to the attic.”

No fire got into the house, but there was water damage, VanVelzen said. Damage was estimated at $40,000 to the manufactured home and $10,000 to its contents.

Homeowner Jeffery Bosch and his three sons got out safely.

VanVelzen said the blaze was caused by a chimney fire from a wood stove in the basement of the home. The fire heated the chimney in the attic to a point that nearby framing caught on fire, he said.

Firefighters were on the scene until about 12:30 this morning.

But as soon as they cleared the Stump Street fire, Robinson Township firefighters headed about 6 miles south to assist Olive Township on a house fire at 10576

Sunset Lane, also off 104th Avenue, VanVelzen said.

Two other fires were reported in Ottawa County overnight, including one in Park Township and one in Marne, VanVelzen said.

“It was a crazy night,” he said.

Comments

tednugent4pres

i feel cool because i listened to all of this on my police scanner

 

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.