Woman, 64, dies after arriving at house fire

Police said a 64-year-old woman died after arriving at her home, where a propane tank explosion and fire took place.
AP Wire
Mar 28, 2012

 

The Cass County Sheriff’s Department said Arlene Kern’s 36-year-old son had started a fire in a wood burning stove on Monday and propane tank exploded at the home in Porter Township. Authorities said the man got out unharmed, but Kern died “from circumstances unrelated to the fire” after arriving with another person.

Sheriff’s Capt. Lyndon Parrish told the Kalamazoo Gazette that she collapsed and died, likely from a heart attack or other medical condition.

The explosion and fire were being investigated as a likely accident.
 

 

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.