Smoking blamed for fire that killed woman, 83

Authorities said smoking materials caused a fire at an apartment in Grand Rapids that killed an 83-year-old woman.
AP Wire
Apr 5, 2012

 

Barbara Eastway was found inside the apartment following the fire, which was reported about 6 a.m. Wednesday. Authorities said she died of smoke inhalation.

David Eastway said his mother was a caring grandmother and a former nurse. She’d lived there for about 14 years.

Investigators said the fire started in a mattress in the apartment and was contained to that unit.
 

 

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.