Squirrel cooker responsible for $10K deductible

The company that owns a Holland-area apartment complex said it's holding the man responsible for causing a fire that resulted in an estimated $1.4 million in damages and displaced 29 families.
WZZM-TV
Oct 25, 2012

Investigators said the Oct. 10 fire at Clear View Apartments in Holland Township was started by a resident burning the fur off a squirrel with a propane torch. Authorities said the man planned to eat the squirrel.

A spokeswoman for the complex's owner said they would hold the man responsible for the complex's $10,000 insurance deductible. Cooking an animal outside on the deck violates the rental agreement, according to the spokeswoman.

Investigators ruled the fire accidental.
 

Comments

Sandypants

Am I the only one who is hearing banjo music?

Vladtheimp

T thought I heard a hint of Salsa, but maybe I was thinking of sauce for the critter.

Back to the Wall

I hear gongs. And chimes in the pentatonic scale.

Tpeter

wait, the apartment lease didn't have a special rider on it for cooking small rodents on the patio?

Say No To Tourist's

Maybe he took cooking lessons from my ex......

michiglen

Expensive squirrel filet. A drizzle of garlic or cilantro could have made for an an international recipe perhaps? Perhaps an IQ test for residents is needed too??

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.