Space heater possible cause of fatal house fire

Authorities said a space heater may have started a fire that killed a 69-year-old man at his home in Allegan County.
AP Wire
Dec 12, 2012

 

The fire started about 8 p.m. Monday in Lee Township, about 40 miles southwest of Grand Rapids. The home was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.

Lee Township Fire Chief Nelvin DeWeerd identified the victim as Joseph Sejud. DeWeerd said Sejud's body was found on the first floor of the two-story home, and his dog also died.

The fire remains under investigation, but authorities are looking at the space heater's electrical cord as the possible cause. The home didn't have central heating.

 

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.