Brush fire stopped before reaching garage

The first brush fire of the year for Robinson Township firefighters was stopped before it could reach a nearby garage and some propane tanks, said Fire Chief Paul VanVelzen.
Becky Vargo
Apr 23, 2013

 

 

Firefighters responded to a residence across from 12253 Rich St. at about 3:04 p.m. Monday when a fire was reported burning in the woods.

VanVelzen said the homeowner was trying to burn brush on Sunday, but didn’t have any luck. The fire got going on Monday when the homeowner wasn’t around.

The fire burned three quarters of an acre and was under control in about 25 minutes.

“Even with all the rain, things are going to dry up quick, so people need to watch what they are 

 

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.