Garage damaged in fire on 160th Avenue

Damage was estimated near $10,000 in a fire this morning in a detached garage on 160th Avenue just off Comstock Street.
Becky Vargo
May 9, 2013

A snowmobile and television caught on fire shortly after 9 this morning.

Neighbors alerted renter Brandon Davis, who was able to pull the burning machine out of the building.

He said the wind whipped flames up into the roof of the lean-to. That part of the building was fully involved in fire when firefighters arrived.

Firefighters were able to stop the blaze before it got into the main section of the three-part structure.

"It was a good stop," said Grand Haven Township Fire Chief Tom Gerencer. "We were able to save quite a bit of equipment in the adjacent garage."

Davis said there was gas in the snowmobile, but Gerencer said he did not know if that was the cause of the fire.

The fire is under investigation.

Comments

mmjproud

I smell simple stupidity..like when brandon davis attacked my friend with a knife in the trailor park he didnt know..and has a reputation as a punk who gets caught with drugs and rats to save his own tail.no sympathy shouldnt have junk that magical catches fire.lol

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.