Chimney fire extinguished at Taft Street farm

Firefighters had to break through several plugs to put out a chimney at a farmhouse near Coopersville this morning.
Becky Vargo
May 12, 2013

 

Three fire departments responded to the call just before 8:30 this morning at the home of John and Jo Hecksel, 8270 Taft.

Coopersville-Polkton Fire Chief Scott Schoolcraft said firefighters used dry chemicals to break up the plugs in the chimney.

He declared the fire out at 10:43 a.m.

The fire did not extend into the walls.

Crockery and Allendale township fire departments assisted at the scene.

 

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.