Cigarette ignites fire

A discarded cigarette appears to the cause of a fire in a Grand Haven home's garage late Tuesday afternoon.
Tribune Staff
May 28, 2013

The fire was reported by the homeowner after she returned home at about 5:30 p.m.

Firefighters quickly put out the fire at 1535 Beechtree Commons, located in the Hidden Ponds Condominium complex, with a garden hose.

Sgt. Randy Poel of the Grand Haven Department of Public Safety said the cigarette was discarded in a small container, and ignited combustible materials located near the container. A chair, gardening tools and some plastic were burned.

The fire also went into the home's attic and charred some insulation.

Comments

rukidding

And fire ignites cigarette. Oh what a tangled web...

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.