Burning grill catches house on fire

An Allendale-area family evacuated their home after the grill, and then the house, caught on fire Sunday afternoon.
Becky Vargo
Jul 9, 2013

 

Firefighters from three departments responded to the 2 p.m. fire on Margaret Street, south of Warner Street. The first firefighters on the scene reported heavy smoke was showing.

Allendale Fire Chief Mike O’Keefe said the grill caught on fire first. That fire ignited the home's siding and the blaze spread into the attic.

The home suffered extensive damage, O'Keefe said, but it is not a total loss.

Firefighters from Robinson Township and Coopersville assisted the Allendale Fire Department. Officials also requested a canteen service and the American Red Cross to help the family.
 

 

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.