Woodstove fire damages Fruitport area home

The owner of a home extensively damaged by fire Monday morning says the flames started in her wood burning stove.
WZZM-TV
Dec 16, 2013

 

 

Multiple fire departments responded to the fire, which was reported around 8 a.m. in the 6200 block of South Hilton Park Road.

The woman says she was sleeping in her bedroom when the smoke alarm went off.  She and her dog safely escaped as the flames spread.  No one else was inside the home.

Crockery Township was one of the assisting departments at the scene. They left a house fire in Spring Lake Township to assist Fruitport.

 

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.