10 people treated following high-rise fire

Ten people were treated for breathing issues after a kitchen fire in a fifth-floor apartment at an 11-story Muskegon building.
Dec 30, 2013

The fire was reported at about 3 a.m. Monday at Hartford Terrace, on Terrace Street just south of Apple Avenue.

Crews found a fire in the kitchen of one of the apartments. It created thick smoke that spread from the fourth through the 11th floors.

The victims were taken to Muskegon-area hospitals for treatment for smoke inhalation or difficulty breathing, but have already returned to their apartments.

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.