Chimney fire hits township home

Firefighters responded to a blaze at 17528 Robbins Road on Sunday afternoon.
Becky Vargo
Apr 13, 2014

The fire started at about 1 p.m. and firefighters contained the blaze to the chimney.

Firefighters used chains to clean creosote from the chimney.

Grand Haven Township Lt. Shawn Schrader urges residents to care for their chimneys to prevent fires.

"If you are going to use a fireplace, you have to make sure you clean it annually," he said.

Post a Comment

Log in to your account to post comments here and on other stories, galleries and polls. Share your thoughts and reply to comments posted by others. Don't have an account on GrandHavenTribune.com? Create a new account today to get started.