Leon Johnson, a Fruitport senior track standout who moved to West Michigan from Indiana earlier this year, recently took some time to answer a series of questions for the Tribune.
1. Favorite class: Math because that’s my best subject.
2. Favorite athlete: Michael Jordan. He pushed himself so hard.
3. Favorite sports team: The Miami Heat, I’m a LeBron supporter.
4. Favorite phone app: Subway Surfers.
5. Can’t-live-without accessory/device: My phone. I like to stay in contact with family back in Indiana.
6. Favorite TV show: "Martin" and "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air."
7. Favorite movie: More than a Game (a documentary about LeBron James’ life in high school).
8. Favorite book: My Brother’s Keeper (a biography about NFL standouts Tiki and Ronde Barber).
9. Favorite food: Lasagna and baked spaghetti.
10. Favorite pizza place: Dominoes.
11. Favorite super hero: Batman because everyone likes Spider-Man more than him, and I like to be different.
12. Favorite teacher: Swaney (English teacher Stephen Dzwonkowski) . He cracks jokes throughout class, and keeps everyone engaged.
13. Best advice you’ve received: Always keep dreaming, and set goals until you reach them.
14. Dream job: As a younger kid I always dreamed of being a surgeon, I still feel like I could do that.
15. Five words that describe you best: Dedication, motivation, success, respectable and trustworthy.
16. Hobbies: Go fishing and play basketball.
17. Coolest place you’ve visited: Cedar Point.
18. Most outstanding athletic achievement: Winning an Indiana basketball state championship at Ben Davis High School in Indianapolis.