Leave Feedback

Laundry room fire doused at adult care facility

Becky Vargo • Jul 21, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Firefighters were called to the adult care home at 9:41 a.m. and discovered a small fire, which they quickly extinguished, said Fire Chief Gary Dreyer.

The fire appeared to have started where an electrical cord was pinched between a heavy bucket of laundry soap and another object, Dreyer said. The fire was contained to the soap bucket and some nearby materials, he said.

Damage was minimal and firefighters were on the scene for less than an hour.

Recommended for You