logo
Leave Feedback


no avatar

Fire guts Lansing nonprofit agency’s office, store

AP Wire • Jul 21, 2015 at 11:17 AM

The Lansing State Journal reported today that the Sunday morning blaze destroyed the building’s contents, including furniture and  household goods for those in need.

Authorities believe the fire in the city’s REO Town district was accidental and started in a room used to store and refinish furniture.

Lansing’s director of human relations and community services said the fire comes at a difficult time with the upcoming holidays. Joan Jackson Johnson said St. Vincent de Paul provides emergency assistance faster than any nonprofit organization in the area.

Officials are looking for space in city-owned buildings for a temporary office, store and warehouse.

Recommended for You