logo
Leave Feedback


Fire damages Robinson Twp. home Tuesday

Becky Vargo • Jul 21, 2015 at 11:23 AM

Firefighters were called to 10748 Stump St. at 10:39 p.m. and “found the attic well-involved” in fire, VanVelzen said.

Firefighters assisted by Grand Haven Township and Allendale firefighters had the blaze under control in 30 minutes.

“The guys did an excellent stop on this,” VanVelzen said, and “contained it basically to the attic.”

No fire got into the house, but there was water damage, VanVelzen said. Damage was estimated at $40,000 to the manufactured home and $10,000 to its contents.

Homeowner Jeffery Bosch and his three sons got out safely.

VanVelzen said the blaze was caused by a chimney fire from a wood stove in the basement of the home. The fire heated the chimney in the attic to a point that nearby framing caught on fire, he said.

Firefighters were on the scene until about 12:30 this morning.

But as soon as they cleared the Stump Street fire, Robinson Township firefighters headed about 6 miles south to assist Olive Township on a house fire at 10576

Sunset Lane, also off 104th Avenue, VanVelzen said.

Two other fires were reported in Ottawa County overnight, including one in Park Township and one in Marne, VanVelzen said.

“It was a crazy night,” he said.

Recommended for You