Leave Feedback

Small fire caused by electrical trouble

Becky Vargo • Jul 21, 2015 at 11:33 AM

Firefighters responded to a call to the home at 15951 Mercury Drive shortly after 10:30 a.m. when the homeowner said the garage filled with smoke after a power outage.

Killebrew’s sons, home because of the death of their father this week, had been helping her with some cleaning when the power went out, Gerencer said. The family evacuated the home after calling 911.

Gerencer said firefighters doused a small fire surrounding an outlet in the garage before it spread into the house. He estimated damages at about $400.

The power remained turned off until the insurance company gave the OK for an electrician to go in and check the system, Gerencer said.

Recommended for You