Leave Feedback

no avatar

Squirrel cooker responsible for $10K deductible

WZZM-TV • Jul 21, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Investigators said the Oct. 10 fire at Clear View Apartments in Holland Township was started by a resident burning the fur off a squirrel with a propane torch. Authorities said the man planned to eat the squirrel.

A spokeswoman for the complex's owner said they would hold the man responsible for the complex's $10,000 insurance deductible. Cooking an animal outside on the deck violates the rental agreement, according to the spokeswoman.

Investigators ruled the fire accidental.

Recommended for You