Leave Feedback

no avatar

Space heater possible cause of fatal house fire

AP Wire • Jul 21, 2015 at 11:55 AM

The fire started about 8 p.m. Monday in Lee Township, about 40 miles southwest of Grand Rapids. The home was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.

Lee Township Fire Chief Nelvin DeWeerd identified the victim as Joseph Sejud. DeWeerd said Sejud's body was found on the first floor of the two-story home, and his dog also died.

The fire remains under investigation, but authorities are looking at the space heater's electrical cord as the possible cause. The home didn't have central heating.

Recommended for You