Want to buy a bridge?

Mark Brooky • Jul 21, 2015 at 12:12 PM


The series of bridges over the Grand River that connect the Tri-Cities are part of the federal highway system (U.S. 31) and the state highway system (M-104), maintained by the Michigan Department of Transportation.

Therefore, it's the state agency that contracts the repairs and maintenance projects for that bridge, as well as the drawbridge and the bridge over the south channel.

"Regarding the M-104 bridge lights, the City of Ferrysburg and Spring Lake Village maintain these lights," Ferrysburg City Manager Craig Bessinger said.

Do you have a question for the Tribune? E-mail it to news@grandhaventribune.com, and type MAILBAG in the subject line. Or mail it the old-fashioned way to: Grand Haven Tribune, MAILBAG, 101 N. Third St., Grand Haven, MI 49417. We'll do our best to get you an answer! A new Mailbag appears on grandhaventribune.com at 5 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Recommended for You