logo


Chief: Cause of house fire was accidental

Becky Vargo • Jul 21, 2015 at 12:13 PM

The fire started in the area of a mechanical room on the second floor, and was possibly due to a mechanical failure, the chief said.

The house was a total loss, Dreyer said.

The owner, Seth Kooienga of Five Star Real Estate in Grandville, said he purchased the house about six months ago with the intention to fix it up and sell it. He put it on the market recently for $75,900.

Kooienga said he had been over there recently putting in some final touches. The only things in the house were some carpet, a few tools and a couple bags of trash.

The house was insured.

Recommended for You