Leave Feedback

Garage damaged in fire on 160th Avenue

Becky Vargo • Jul 21, 2015 at 12:36 PM

A snowmobile and television caught on fire shortly after 9 this morning.

Neighbors alerted renter Brandon Davis, who was able to pull the burning machine out of the building.

He said the wind whipped flames up into the roof of the lean-to. That part of the building was fully involved in fire when firefighters arrived.

Firefighters were able to stop the blaze before it got into the main section of the three-part structure.

"It was a good stop," said Grand Haven Township Fire Chief Tom Gerencer. "We were able to save quite a bit of equipment in the adjacent garage."

Davis said there was gas in the snowmobile, but Gerencer said he did not know if that was the cause of the fire.

The fire is under investigation.

Recommended for You