logo
Leave Feedback


Chimney fire extinguished at Taft Street farm

Becky Vargo • Jul 21, 2015 at 12:37 PM
bvargo@grandhaventribune.com 616-842-6400 ext. 231

Three fire departments responded to the call just before 8:30 this morning at the home of John and Jo Hecksel, 8270 Taft.

Coopersville-Polkton Fire Chief Scott Schoolcraft said firefighters used dry chemicals to break up the plugs in the chimney.

He declared the fire out at 10:43 a.m.

The fire did not extend into the walls.

Crockery and Allendale township fire departments assisted at the scene.

Recommended for You