logo
Leave Feedback


Cigarette ignites fire

Tribune Staff • Jul 21, 2015 at 12:41 PM

The fire was reported by the homeowner after she returned home at about 5:30 p.m.

Firefighters quickly put out the fire at 1535 Beechtree Commons, located in the Hidden Ponds Condominium complex, with a garden hose.

Sgt. Randy Poel of the Grand Haven Department of Public Safety said the cigarette was discarded in a small container, and ignited combustible materials located near the container. A chair, gardening tools and some plastic were burned.

The fire also went into the home's attic and charred some insulation.

Recommended for You