Leave Feedback

no avatar

Couple sued in fire caused by squirrel dinner prep

AP Wire • Jul 21, 2015 at 2:13 PM

While on the balcony of his unit at Clearview Apartments in Holland Township, Khek Chanthalavong used the torch to burn off the squirrel's fur as he prepared to cook the rodent. Chanthalavong shared the apartment with Barbara Pellow.

The suits were filed in Ottawa County Circuit Court by insurance companies that covered damages after the October 2012 fire.

Travelers Indemnity Co. is suing Pellow for $2 million, and Auto Owners Insurance Company is seeking the $56,000 it paid to three renters.

The Holland Sentinel reported that Chanthalavong's attorney had no comment.

Recommended for You