logo


Overloaded circuit causes attic fire

Becky Vargo • Jul 21, 2015 at 2:48 PM

“The fire could have been much worse if one of the residents hadn’t noticed smoke coming from the eves,” said Lt. Matt Schweitzer of Grand Haven Township Fire/Rescue.

Firefighters responded to 15410 164th Ave. (Moreland Street) at 12:40 p.m. Saturday.

Based on the concentration of smoke from the ridge vent, firefighters cut ventilation holes on each side of where they believed the fire to be, Schweitzer said.

Investigators said an overloaded power source led to a breakdown of the wiring.

Grand Haven Department of Public Safety, North Ottawa Community Hospital Ambulance and the Ottawa County Sheriff’s Department provided assistance at the scene.

A damage estimate was not available.

 

Recommended for You