Leave Feedback

Dust collector blaze extinguished at Automatic Spring in Grand Haven

Becky Vargo • Jul 21, 2015 at 2:57 PM

“They were cleaning it (the dust collector) and a spark ignited the dust,” said Sgt. Josh Tomes of the Grand Haven Department of Public Safety.

The fire was contained to the unit on the outside of the back of the building, adjacent to the railroad tracks.

There was no need for evacuation, Tomes said. “It  didn’t go inside at all.”

Officials requested no trains go through on the railroad tracks while they were fighting the fire.

Firefighters cleared the scene in less than an hour.

Recommended for You