logo


Squirrel causes power outage at Grand Haven Post Office

Becky Vargo • Jul 22, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Firefighters responded to the governmental building on the corner of Washington Avenue and Fourth Street shortly before 11 a.m.

Postal employees evacuated the back of the building, while business went on, almost as usual, in the front.

Grand Haven Board of Light and Power Supervisor Jim Blekicki said a squirrel stepped on the wrong spot on a power pole, was electrocuted and shorted out a fuse.

The fuse was part of a circuit that fed the post office - the only building to lose power, Blekicki said.

BLP workers restored power to the building about 11:15 a.m.

Recommended for You